A fusible resistor is a tailor-made dual purpose component –
- In normal conditions it functions as resistor
- In high overload / fault conditions it acts as a fuse / safety device
At HTR, we offer Customized Fusing solution as well as Safety version.
For Safety Version :
At HTR, we can offer a Special Safety version Fusible resistor which is designed to fuse instantaneously when mains voltage 220/240V is applied with no flame or explosion.
For the US market we also offer safety fusing at 110/120V.
These resistors have alphabet ‘FS’ suffixed in front of part no.
Customized Fusing Resistors :
In order to design a Customized Fusible resistor suitable for your needs, we need the following data:-
- Power rating in terms of watts.
- Resistance in ohms.
- Maximum continuous working voltage across the resistor, at which the resistor must continue to function.
- Fusing voltage – The voltage at which the resistor must fuse or blow.
- Fusing time – The duration at which the resistor must blow or fuse on being subjected to the fusing voltage.
- Frequency of power source, voltage waveform.
- Brief details of your application.
These resistors have alphabet ‘F’ suffixed in front of part no.
Note: – In certain cases the customer must be made aware that compromise inherent in the trade off between resistive and fusing function make certain exact combination not possible.
Having said this, that does not mean that it is not possible to make a functional fusible resistor capable of that particular application.